Online Therapy makes working with a therapist accessible to anyone with a busy schedule. One of the most common obstacles to seeing a therapist is scheduling. Not everyone has the flexibility to take two hours off from work for a midday appointment. And if you live in a large city, the perfect therapist for you could easily be an hour away. Online counseling services are the solution to this problem.
Online therapy services are the modern solution to this annoying logistical problem. You can now avoid traffic and meet with your therapist right from the comforts of your own couch (or on your lunch break, or while you’re on a business trip, or even when visiting your crazy family during the holidays…).
Simply find a comfy spot to sit down, open your laptop or smartphone, and log in to a secure video conference with your therapist. No commute, no stress.
To the Root Counseling offers web therapy, and whether you need help with anxiety, depression, or stress, we can help you just as effectively online as we can in person. Convenient and affordable online therapy is just a few clicks away!
how it works
Ready to Start Your Online Counseling Sessions?
Would you like to start counseling via online? It’s easy to get started. Here I have broken it down into 3 steps that will get our sessions going so that you are on your journey to healing.
Call us directly or self-schedule your appointment online.
Complete your intake information forms which will arrive in your email box. *Check your Spam as it often goes to the spam folder for new Clients). Once your paperwork is completed your appointment is confirmed.
A link will be sent to your email with easy instructions to connect to your session via our HIPAA-compliant platform.
What You Should Know About Online Counseling Sessions
Terms and Conditions for Online Therapy
- For Online Therapy you must have access to a computer with a microphone, webcam, and high-speed internet connection that allows for the engagement of video conferencing.
- Those providing consent for treatment must be at least 18 years of age.
- Online Therapy sessions are not for individuals who are in crisis or have serious mental health problems.
- Online Therapy sessions are not for individuals who are suicidal or homicidal.
- Payment for online therapy sessions can be made by keeping a credit card on file or providing credit card information at the time of service.
- As the professionals, we reserve the right to make the final decision whether or not we believe that these services are appropriate for our client.
Online Therapy Is Ideally Suited For Clients In The Following Situations:
- Clients who have a physical or medical condition which limits their mobility.
- Clients with psychological conditions which restrict travel.
- Clients who prefer to hold psychotherapy sessions from the comfort of their homes.
- Clients who live in areas distant from our offices who are unable to find specialized care near their home.
- Existing clients who are are traveling and are unable to attend regularly scheduled sessions in our offices.
- Existing clients who experience a sudden, unexpected scheduling conflict that precludes them from being able to attend a previously scheduled appointment.
- Those with extremely busy work schedules who would not otherwise be able to regularly come to our offices for treatment.
- Pregnant women or new moms who would otherwise find it very difficult to regularly attend therapy.
Online therapy is not designed or adequate to provide the help you need if you are in crisis. You should call your primary care physician, the police, dial 911, or seek help at your local emergency room if you are experiencing an emergency. Additionally, you may call the National Suicide Hotline at 800.784.2433 which offers crisis and suicide prevention resources 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Do I have a fast and reliable internet connection?
- Am I able to eliminate distractions during the time I’m speaking with my therapist at home?
- Am I comfortable enough in my home to open up and share with my therapist?
You are probably a good fit for online counseling if you answered YES to these questions